This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing.
Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.Occupational titles may include:
- Development Officer
- Residential Care Officer
- Senior Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Social Educator
- Employment Co-ordinator (disability)
- Disability Support Officer / worker
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Project Officer (life enhancement team)
Training and assessments are conducted in English. A pre training intake interview will be conducted and each learner will undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment. There are no pre-requisites or any other training package entry requirement to enrol in this course.
- must have an IELTS score of 5.5 or
- must have a TOEFL iBT score of 46 or
- must have a PTE Academic score of 42 or
- must have a Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) score of 47 or
- must have an OET score of pass Must be 18 years or older Completed year 11
Training and Delivery:
Courses are available in face-to-face and blended learning modes catering to new entrants and experienced workers. Classes are run between 1-5 days per week with options available for weekends, evenings and intensive delivery. Programs can be tailored to suit individual needs. Opportunities also exist for accelerated learning resulting in earlier completion, depending on your existing skills and knowledge.
Units of Study
Students will need to complete 14 Units of Competency, consisting of: 11 Core and 3 Electives